The WordPress Developer is responsible for development and theming which involves building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications making this person crucial for the success of the business. This person will be working with the latest technology and will have the chance to advance and grow your career.
This position requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, etc.) and aesthetics (understanding element arrangements on the screen, the color and font choices, and so on). The best candidates will have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. In addition, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is preferred.
- Basic Written/Spoken English skills
- Active contributions to all UI / UX decisions
- Improve the quality of WordPress development
- Responsible for helping formulate an effective, responsive design
- Offer solutions to problems and improvements
- Ensure Q/A practices are implemented and met across all work and projects
- Stay current on web development best practices, technologies, tools and languages, and actively explore implementation for client projects.
- 2-3 years of WordPress experience
- Experience with WordPress custom themes development
- Experience writing / contributing WordPress plugins
- Experience in creating entire WordPress sites
- Experience working with designers and pixel perfect across all modern devices and platforms
- Experience working with TWIG Template Engine
- Intermediate to advanced experience with WordPress core functions and best practices
- Setting up custom post types / fields and using inside templates
- Good PHP knowledge, understanding and development skills (outside of WordPress)
- Responsive frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap, etc)
- Using GIT in a team environment