The DevOps Lead is responsible for leading and managing our development work across the team and company, in partnership with the Web Development Lead. The role is a combination of management and hands-on web development, in partnership and coordination with other team members. Success in this role is gauged by the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of work produced for clients by the web development team and company as a whole.
This person not only has strong experience implementing the latest web development tools and technology, but also has the organizational and management skills necessary to align, track, and guide implementation of our web development projects across the team and company. You will split your time between managing the web team and working with them hands-on to facilitate implementation.
- 50% DevOps team & task management; 50% hands-on web development.
- Plan and manage development team availability and resources in coordination with the DevOps Lead, Account Director and senior management.
- Oversee strategic development approaches (ex. — agile, waterfall, hybrid) to client projects.
- Oversee approach to web development practices including user research, functional requirements definition, interface design and product support.
- Ensure Q/A practices are implemented and met across all work and projects.
- Represent our web development team and capabilities to external clients. Be prepared to present and explain proposed solutions to technical needs.
- Set the direction for new and standardized web tools, languages and frameworks for our web team to know and implement.
- Support development infrastructure, hosting and maintenance of client projects.
- Support company growth by building and maintaining a strong professional network as well as contributing to the recruitment of new employees.
- Actively represent our culture by leading and participating in efforts around continuous learning, personal and professional development, community service and team building.
- 7-10+ years experience in the core disciplines of online engineering and development, including website design, code, technology & infrastructure.
- Expertise in website maintenance, including QA, analytics & technical monitoring.
- Immersed in the emerging trends and developments of web technology, standards, devices, user engagement & development best practices.